HISTORICAL PHOTOS

 
For a larger view and description, click on an image.
Librarian Elsie Studley
St. James Church
Future site of the Del Mar Library
St. James Church
Designed in Craftsman style by architect John Austin and built in 1914
Priests of St. James Church 1939
Library in Del Mar Plaza
Albatross restaurant 1978
Inside the Albatross
Circa 1980s, the building became home to the popular Albatross restaurant
Del Mar Library 1977-1996
"Temporary" location in a trailer in the old Del Mar City Hall parking lot
Offices
The building before becoming the library
The Eucalyptus trees were a scenic fixture of Camino del Mar for decades
Early library garden
Original library dedication plaque
Eucalyptus trees on Camino del Mar
For many years beautiful Eucalyptus grew in front of the library before removal in 2015 by the City of Del Mar
Community room construction
Constructed on an existing side patio
Community room construction
The new Community Room was constructed in 2009
Historic California Route 101
Show More
CONTACT US 

Friends of the Del Mar Library
PO Box 993

Del Mar, CA 92014

RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER
Sandy Beach

FRIENDS OF THE DEL MAR LIBRARY 

© 2021 Friends of The Del Mar Library